Life Orientations Introduction
Discover Your Strengths, Personal Styles, and Impact
A Window into Making You and Your Team More Effective
How does your behavior and communication approach affect you, your team, drive your success, and/or hinder your performance? Are you aware of your behavior styles and preferences? Your actions influence your world and your teams. By understanding your behavioral preferences, you can use your strengths, adapt your excesses, and become aware of your blind spots to improve your impact, productivity, and team function.
Conversation is the basis for everything we do: relationships, culture, and productive work. This workshop is for anyone who wants an expe- riential understanding of his/her behavioral communication style. You will receive an introduction to Life Orientations (LIFO) through exploring your behavioral styles, and apply that understanding in concrete ways to understand how to improve your personal and team communication.
LIFO® is a simple and elegant assessment tool that will illuminate for you your stylistic preferences. We have a strength-based, experiential approach that will lay a foundation and then build through participa- tion, discussion, and concrete tools you will take away. This workshop is application oriented; you will be engaged in a variety of exercises (individual, small group, and large group), giving you an opportunity to learn and apply right away.
Workshop participants will gain
- Knowledge of your style’s strengths, excesses, and blind spots;
- Awareness of how your style is seen and impacts others;
- Strategies to moderate your excesses and reduce your blind spots to heighten your interpersonal communication skills;
- Strategies for how to interact with other styles to bridge communi- cation gaps;
- Understanding of the value and techniques for reframing, and the positive effect on perspective;
- Basic understanding and practice of commitment based manage- ment principles and techniques in communication.
Who should attend
- Senior leaders
- HR managers
- Training and Development professionals
- Team leaders
- Team members
- Individual contributors
- Teachers and coaches
DIRECTIONS TO THE WORKSHOP
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Where you want to end up: The Jewish Community Center is at the corner of Presidio and California Avenues in San Francisco’s Laurel Village district. Enter the JCC and look for our registration table in the main lobby area.
Transportation and Parking Information Click here for turn by turn directions to JCC or use this link to access Google Map directions to the facility. The JCC is conveniently served by several MUNI lines and offers validated parking at the underground garage. Nearby street parking is metered with a 2 hour limit and is not recommended for this all-day event.